Thursday, July 29, 2010

Learning about Forgiveness

Today I came across this video and I am in awe at this man's faith and forgiveness.



It is refreshing that somebody out in the world is so Christlike and selfless. In his grief and loneliness he found healing and impressively was able to experience deep love and forgiveness to the very person causing his heartache.

I LOVE that he said that he felt and sensed that he needed to let his anger and anguish go. His Stake President worded it "There's Jesus' way to solve problems, to address situations, and handle sorrow and then there's some other way." - This man, Chris Williams, seemed to get that Jesus' way responds with love and forgiveness. Miraculously, his very response to forgive and love has helped to heal him too!

My favorite quotes from Chris Williams in the video:

"I am merely a vessel that His Spirit, His example, His intelligence and His brilliance could shine. That's really all I had to do, was to NOT get in the way. I really didn't have much to do with that... (it was only the Spirit working through me)."

"I'm grateful that God allows trials and tragedy to occur in our lives. Not because they are easy or desired but because they help us love."

"Coming to know a man of sorrow and one who is acquainted with grief, as I've now come to understand it, is really why I was sent here. And it has been incredibly difficult to have to learn those lessons in the way that I've learned them. But I've always ended those episodes with an assurance and a hope that one day perhaps I will see Him... one day I will hopefully be like Him."


In THIS Ensign Article, President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Somehow forgiveness, with love and tolerance, accomplishes miracles that can happen in no other way."

"(Forgiveness) may be the greatest virtue on earth, and certainly the most needed."

"May God help us to be a little kinder, showing forth greater forebearance, to be more forgiving, more willing to walk the second mile, to reach down and lift up those who may have sinned but have brought forth the fruits of repentance, to lay aside old grudges and nurture them no more."

This is my goal to forgive as this man did... choosing to forgive brings happiness. Harboring resentment and withholding forgiveness will only make us miserable. Choose happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment