Monday, May 31, 2010

A favorite BBQ Potluck recipe


I tore this recipe out of a magazine awhile back. I wish I knew who to give the credit to, this is an AWESOME salad! My favorite coleslaw.

Two-tone Coleslaw

2/3 c. mayo
3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
7 c. shredded green cabbage (I use the shredded mix with carrots)
3 medium red apples, cored and thinly sliced
1 c. chopped sweet onion

(If you plan to chill this salad for more than 2 hours, toss the apple slices in a little lemon juice to keep it fresh and crisp looking.)

For dressing mix mayo, vinegar, dill, salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well.

Stir together cabbage, apples, and onions in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 48 hours, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment