Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On mothering the greatest kids...

There's nothing I love more than being a mom. I happen to believe I've been blessed with the two sweetest kids ever! They are amazing! I can't believe my luck in being selected to be their mom!

Watching them grow is so bittersweet. It's sad to see their babyhood and childhood pass away so quickly, yet I love to interact with the people they are becoming!

I thought I'd brag a bit on their greatness! I truly believe that each of us is born with some natural talents and wonderful character traits. I hope my kids learn to recognize theirs, because they will come in handy during their lifetimes.


Caitlin has always been my sweetheart. Born with love in her heart and a passion for life. She is funny and fun to be with. She's always game for a new adventure and the scariest roller coaster. She is wise and has a kind, loving heart. Those gifts have brought many compliments from her teachers and her friends' mothers. I love that she makes good choices consistently and thinks about others. It is always impressive to see her compassion for the underdog, the one who is struggling. That Christlike charity will take her far. Caitlin is also very smart and an exceptional reader and writer. She has an awesome musical talent that brings our family joy!


Jared is a boy who knows his heart. He knows what he likes and what he wants. He has determination and problem solving skills that enable him to shape his life and help others. He is very intelligent and uses that gift together with his creativity to constantly impress me with his ideas. He has a passion for art, music, math and science. He is a people magnet because he is fun, entertaining and interesting. I love when he chooses to be a great example to his peers, that makes me proud! Jared is also sweet and loving. He loves people and loves to be recognized for good things he does for them.


God gave me these children and they are my biggest blessing, my proudest accomplishment and bring me the most joy in my life. I am so grateful for my sweet children.

I hope they will always know how much I love them and adore the people they have grown into. I am honored to be their mom and hope to follow the Spirit in that job so I can teach, nurture and prepare them for life.



No comments:

Post a Comment