Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Frugal Tip for Saving Money


For years, I've procrastinated setting aside some time and getting online to figure out what all this coupon madness is all about. Finally, about six weeks ago I made that happen. I immersed myself in reading about it, going out and putting it to the test at multiple stores and have reached a point where I feel that I get it for the most part.

My last shopping trip I spent $22 and saved $87. NICE! I loved paying only .18 cents for three bottles of balsamic vinaigrette, .26 cents for a package of Band-Aids, .45 cents for a 24 pk. of Cottonelle TP, 13 cents for body wash, etc...

Of course, part of the real saving is stocking up on things as they go on sale for rock-bottom prices. My grocery budget is still the same (for now) as I am stocking the pantry and other storage. I've been told it won't be long before I will be able to allocate some of that grocery budget money to other things, that will feel great since I recently took a big grocery budget cut. So, if you've been wondering how to save $$$ on groceries, check out my favorite beginner's website...

thekrazycouponlady.com

She has an amazing post called Ten Days to Become a Krazy Coupon Lady. Go ahead, click it... it's like finding money!

It also helps to find a coupon expert blogger who lives in your hometown. I like fabulesslyfrugal.com as my new coupon homegirl. She posts the deal and I follow. It makes it simple by taking up less of my time. (By the way, if you get an error when you click on fabulesslyfrugal.com just click on the tab home and it will take you to the right page. She recently made a blog host change and is getting some glitches fixed.)

I will admit that it does take time, but time well spent when it comes to saving money and building food storage. It is also feels good to be using our resources in a way that we get more for the same amount of money. It is a sense of control that is really empowering...

If you've been on the fence about trying out coupons, I say go for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment