Friday, May 7, 2010

Storing Digital Photos

Not too long ago while at a salon/spa awaiting a pedicure I was browsing through a magazine and spotted this:


It's beautiful isn't it? See those drawers and how she organizes her digital photos? By year (blue tab dividers) and the various colors of the jewel cases that hold the cd's represent something. Red could be Christmas, Blue could be vacations, etc... She labels each cd and files it by date. I just love it!

This is a perfect idea to store my digital photos. I had to learn the hard way that creating a backup, OFTEN, is the way to go. Last summer there was a lightening storm and it wiped out our computer... software, photos, files, etc... I know that probably not every photo was saved to the backup. The most recent photos are gone... it's something I don't like to think about. Lesson learned though... back up and back up often. IF might really mean WHEN.

This drawer filing system is also an excellent storage idea if you need to free up some hard drive space.

No comments:

Post a Comment