Monday, March 7, 2011

Be Kind to Yourself

I read something today that reminded me of something I wanted to start doing on my blog. I am reading an incredible book by Toni Sorenson called "Defined by Christ".

I cannot say enough great things about this book, it has nourished me from page one. She says:
"The adversary loves to remind us who we are not. Not pretty. Not smart. Not strong. And his destructive voice might not be the only voice we hear. Satan is skilled at recruiting other people to reinforce his cruelties and those who supposedly care more about us - and they are the ones who inflict the deepest wounds. I wonder how often we say unkind words to people without realizing the damage we are doing to their spirits. I wonder how often our tongues are on the errand of evil without even realizing it... The most destructive thing we can possibly do in life is to make another person doubt his worth and identity as a child of God. The very most productive thing we can do is to help ourselves and others realize that as children of God, our worth is infinite." (page 52)


A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to start treating myself better. I was going to change the negative self-talk I sometimes experience into positive self-talk. I was going to be better at ignoring the whisperings of Satan and those he has influenced to criticize me. I know I am worthy of love and kindness. I am going to treat myself as I deserve to be treated and learn to see myself as my Savior sees me.

So every day I plan to do at least one thing kind for myself AND give myself one compliment.

I'm not sure I will post them all here, I'll have to think about that, but I will post today's...

Today I am being kind to myself by NOT allowing myself to be negative about writing an English paper. I doubt my abilities to write papers but, I am going to challenge that thought by reminding myself that I have scored 100% on all 7 papers I have turned in since going back to college this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment