Saturday, March 26, 2011

Made my day!

So, yesterday my English professor returned my second essay. I was anxious to hear how I did on it, after all it was my first article analysis. I'm beginning a research paper and looked forward to hear feedback that may help improve my writing.

When she placed my essay face down in front of me and whispered in my ear "please stay after class to talk with me", my heart sank. Did I really do that poorly? UGH! I turned my assignment over and found the typical rubric with the score 15++/15.

She went over the scoring in class and it slowly sank in that I had received an excellent grade. WOW!

After class, the professor told me it was one of the best student essays she had ever received and encouraged me to fix something on the citation page and then submit it to the Presidents Awards (which was due by 5pm that day). She told me I am a good contender for first place. Yes, me!

That's all I needed to hear! I mean, it doesn't even matter IF I win. It was only a month ago that I told Michelle, a friend on campus, that I have never thought of myself as a good writer. So, to hear that I have something a professor deems as "publish worthy" is just drop-jaw-amazingly-great NEWS! Of course, now I probably need to stop being careless on my blog... or you won't believe it!

What a boost! It just makes me wonder: What else can I do?!?!

I can't wait to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment