Sunday, November 8, 2009

Seasonal Fruit: Pomegrante



I'm pretty certain that the pomegranate is an under appreciated fruit. I suppose it could be the difficulty of peeling it, although it's really not that hard- just a bit messy.

I really love to just eat the fruit by itself, it's very juicy and sweet. I also love it in salads. Recently I found a great combination; I added pomegranate to a Fresh Express Mediterranean Salad. You don't need to buy the Fresh Express version, you can make your own:

fresh baby spinach leaves
sweet dijon mustard salad dressing
croutons
pomegranate
feta cheese
(sliced fresh pair or apple would be a yummy addition)

Other than eating it plain or in a salad I really don't know how else to serve it. So, I did a bit of research on allrecipes.com and found a few that have great reviews to try...

Pomegranate Stew with Chicken

Pomegranate Relish

Herbed Pomegranate Salsa

Roasted Pork Shoulder with Pomegranate Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment