Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cookie Exchange- A real life one,this time...



It is nice to have such a variety of cookies without all that work! This afternoon I attended my first cookie exchange. How fun! Whomever thought up this little party idea is just brilliant. Awhile ago I talked about the virtual cookie exchanges, see those ramblings HERE.

Going to a real cookie exchange was a lot of fun and you get to actually taste the cookies!! If you want to throw together a last minute cookie exchange party then pick up some ideas at Creative Homemaking, about.entertaining.com, and Cookie Exchange has some great photos and tons of ideas!) ,

I thought I'd share a cookie I had never tasted or even heard of before: Orange Creamsicle Cookies, from the kitchen of my next door neighbor, sweet and friendly Judy.




Orange Creamsicle Cookies

1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. orange extract
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 drops red food coloring
5 drops yellow food coloring
1 bag (12 oz.) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
1 Tbsp. water

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir all ingredients, except baking chips, until soft dough forms. Stir in baking chips.
  2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough with 1 1/2 Tbsp. size cookie scoop or by rounded teaspoons about 2" apart.
  3. Bake 10 minutes or just until dough is set. (Do NOT overbake) Cool for 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cookie racks. Cool completely. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of an orange creamsicle cookie either. Sounds yummy! I have tried to track down your email so I can get you the button code for my blog that you couldn't copy if you are still interested let me know your email and I will send it to you! Sorry about leaving you a comment about it. I am going to go have a look around now!

    ReplyDelete