Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Grinch's "ROAST BEAST"





Tonight we watched the original cartoon How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Such a wonderful story for cuddling up on the sofa with your kiddos. I love the message it sends that even without the presents, decorations, etc... you cannot take away the holiday spirit. Those Hoo's knew exactly what celebrating Christ's birth is all about!

I love the Grinch's dog, Max. He is adorable. I also love that they serve "Roast Beast" for dinner. I've decided that I'm going to adopt this new tradition of serving "Roast Beast" for our Christmas dinner. Sometimes we have ham, sometimes turkey and sometimes roast. But, I am really liking the "Roast Beast".

So, here is what I want to make for Christmas dinner this year: Pioneer Woman's Roasted Beef Tenderloin a.k.a Heaven on a Fork. I'm not sure if the Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond would like it if I copied her photo to give you a sneak peak... so follow the link and check out what's on my Christmas dinner menu this year! I'm going to have to go and buy a meat thermometer. Meat is the hardest thing for me to cook. Period. It just is.


1 comment:

  1. I just checked out Pioneer Woman's recipe. Looks DELICIOUS. I usually do a Rib Roast for Christmas. I ask the butcher to cut off the bones and tie them back on. I have a cookbook called the Joy of Roasting and in it she says to cook at 500 degrees which scared the bejeebers out of me the first time - but is was soo good! I had to cook mine a little longer cause we don't like our meat that rare but yum, yum, yum!

    I think your dinner will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete