Sunday, January 17, 2010

How to fix a cake blunder PART 2

I used BAKERELLA's Easy Buttercream Frosting, which turned out very yummy and indeed easy to make, and I covered the top of the cake.


Easy Buttercream Frosting (this is BAKERELLA's recipe)...

1 cup (2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. 10X powdered sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk, half and half or cream

  • Using a mixer, cream softened butter and vanilla until smooth.
  • Add sugar gradually, allowing butter and sugar to cream together before adding more.
  • If you want your frosting a little creamier, add a teaspoon of milk at a time and beat on high until you get the right texture.
  • Then, just use icing color to tint the frosting the color of your choice.


I decorated it with crushed graham crackers (dirt) and green frosting (grass)... added a few cars and flags... there you go... a suitable "PLAN B cake". It especially looked beautiful to me at 1:00 am, knowing I now had a cake for the birthday party just hours away, and I was going to get at least a few hours of sleep! MORE to come about the party...

No comments:

Post a Comment