Friday, October 16, 2009

Cranberry Coleslaw


Trying out a new recipe. I thought this salad was yummy. I omitted the sunflower seeds only because I didn't have any. It was good with out them, but next time I'm going to add them for sure! I love that I usually have everything on hand except the coleslaw mix. That makes for easy shopping! This recipe came from the First magazine.

Cranberry Coleslaw

Makes approximately 6 cups

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
1 (6- ounce) package dried cranberries (I used 1 cup Craisins)
1/4 cup sunflower-seed kernels

In a 2-quart bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well with a whisk. Add slaw mix, tossing gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving time.

Before serving, stir in dried cranberries and sunflower kernels.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment