Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Bars

I made a cute craft tonight but, will have to post it tomorrow because I promised Caitlin that she could help me fill it with candy. She fell asleep just before I was finished.

So instead, my sister-in-law, Michelle, requested this recipe today and I thought it was of course seasonal and everyone who likes pumpkin will LOVE it! It's one of my favorites, which is why I chose to make it for my own birthday cake. Very moist and delicious! I found this recipe on the website allrecipes.com - great site!

I apologize for this photo, it is not the best. I've discovered that the lighting in my new kitchen is terrible for photography. I will have to carry the plates into other rooms of the house or outside- the kitchen has too harsh of light and just too much glare.



Pumpkin Bars

3 eggs
1 & 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 (15 oz. each) cans pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
1 teaspoon salt

Frosting:
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with cooking spray. (I like these best cooked in jelly roll pan, my second choice would be a 13 x 9-inch pan.

In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and the pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir well. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 25-30 minutes if using a jelly roll pan and roughly about 30-35 minutes if using the 13 x 9 - inch pan. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out fairly clean. It's a moist cake, so you may have a bit of cake on the toothpick, but it shouldn't be doughy.

Frosting: beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. YUMMY!! Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jenny! I have been craving pumpkin ever since your birthday!

    ReplyDelete