Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Storytime! Magician's Elephant.


















The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo was our latest read. I had to talk Jared into this book. He had to read a book that was about an animal (nonfiction or fiction). I should say that I wasn't dying to read the book either. Tale of Despereaux wasn't one of my favorites of children's literature. But, we gave it a shot.

Both of us were pretty excited for the evening storytime to happen each night. Jared always begged for an additional chapter to be read. It isn't funny, but it is captivating. DiCamillo really has a style of writing that makes a story sound like a song. (At least to me.)

Jared is nine years old. Although the many fancy, big words made it hard for Jared to read on his own, he enjoyed learning the new vocabulary. Because of the challenging vocab, I would rate this as an excellent book to read aloud to your kiddos under the age of 10 but, not a great choice if they read it on there own.

No comments:

Post a Comment